Orient Electric Limited (OEL) is part of the diversified USD 2.4 billion conglomerate CK Birla Group. For more than 60 years, OEL has been a reputable name in the electrical appliances industry and has made a name for itself as a one-stop brand for lifestyle electrical solutions, including Fans, Lighting, Home Appliances, and switchgear.
OEL is focused on its R&D capabilities, innovation-loving culture, and dedication to creating cutting-edge lifestyle electrical products that improve quality of life and are safer, healthier, and more energy-efficient. The company has fully integrated, state-of-the-art production facilities in multiple locations. It is one of the largest fan manufacturers and exporters and has introduced futuristic appliances integrated with IoT (Internet of Things).
About Orient Electric Limited:
- OEL is a part of the diversified USD 2.4 billion conglomerates CK Birla Group.
- Well-organized distribution network reaching 1,25,000 retail outlets.
- A strong service network covering more than 450 cities.
- Presence in over 40 international markets.
- A distinguished name for more than 60 years.
A board meeting is a formal gathering of the board of directors of a company and any invited visitors, convened on occasion and at predetermined intervals to discuss key topics, review performance, and conduct the board’s business. The quorum, procedures, and roles for board meetings will be spelled out in the organization’s incorporation documents and subsequent contracts in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements. Board meetings will be presided over by the company chairperson and board committee meetings will be presided over by committee-level chairpersons. As a part of board meetings, minutes of meetings are legal documents that are published in accordance with the regulations controlling how that board does its business. Minutes are the finalized and approved record of a board meeting.
To effectively manage such board meeting processes and the responsibility of consistently cooperating on crucial board-level engagements, Orient Electric Limited required a complete board portal software solution that could efficiently deliver.
Orient Electric Limited conducted a thorough evaluation of the Dess electronic meetings software, assessing the pre-meeting, during-meeting, and post-meeting features of the solution.
With the end-to-end functionality of the paperless agenda solution, including agenda management, minutes management, attendance and reports, digital signature integration, circular resolutions, performance evaluation, compliance management, workflow management, and one-touch VC integration, among other features, Orient Electric Limited completed its detailed evaluation by selecting Dess as its solution provider for the board portal software.
The Dess Advantage:
Over a sustained and steady use of the solution for disparate board meetings and committee meetings, the Board of Directors and Management at Orient Electric have found the Dess Board Portal software to be very user-friendly. The agenda management solution has also provided a holistic experience to directors with its cross-platform facility compatibility with iOS, Windows, and Android devices.
Mr. Hitesh Jain, Company Secretary of Orient Electric Limited said, “We at Orient Electric implemented Dess Digital Meetings for our board and committee meetings. We are happy to share that it’s very user-friendly, and the entire process has become very smooth. It’s very easy to use for the directors as well. With the help of the board meetings platform, we are almost paperless as far as board meetings are concerned. The best part is it can be used for Android as well as iOS devices. I would be glad to recommend it to others.”
“We value our association with Orient Electric Limited as their board meetings solution partner. Our endeavor is to consistently leverage the power of digital to deliver the finest experience to our clients,” said Mr. Dilip Ganeriwal, Founder and Managing Director of Dess.
The agenda management solution has not only improved board collaboration, voting and surveys, record-keeping, and management communication, but it has also improved organizational governance which has resulted in greater corporate governance standards for Orient Electric Limited.
Delivered as a one-stop board meetings software for Orient Electric Limited:
- End-to-end board portal software addressing pre-meeting, during-meeting, and post-meeting requirements
- Paperless board and committee meetings with cross-platform compatibility for all major devices such as laptops, desktops, tablets, and smartphones and all operating systems including Android, iOS, and Windows
- Minutes management solution with in-built automatic activity tracking and action taken reports, agenda builder, and minutes builder
- Online approvals with digital signature and e-signature compatibility and workflow management software
- Calendar management for the board of directors with automatic board meetings scheduling and attendance management
- Notings and annotations including shareable and private comments, drawings, and highlights with offline use for on-the-go access
- Configurable reports for compliance management and tracking corporate governance and ESG goals
- Board evaluation and performance evaluation with configurable and confidential reports
Dess Digital Meetings is the world’s easiest-to-use board portal software for paperless board and committee meetings. Leading organizations in over 25 countries prefer Dess as their choice for efficient and effective board management software.
Dess believes in enhancing the value of information globally by harnessing unstructured data to empower the right people at the right time using the right technology. With its group of highly competent and motivated people, it has implemented several first-of-its-kind solutions.