Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) is a major Indian shipbuilding company, owned and operated by the Government of India. It is engaged in constructing, repairing, and converting commercial and defense vessels. The company is headquartered in Kochi, Kerala, and operates in Mumbai and Kolkata. CSL was established in 1972 as a subsidiary of the Cochin Port Trust and was incorporated in 1976 as a public sector undertaking (PSU) of the Government of India. Since then, it has grown to become one of the largest shipyards in India, with five drydocks, two floating docks, and a shipbuilding bay. Its primary focus is on the repair and refit of merchant vessels. It has also built and delivered numerous offshore supply vessels, platform supply vessels, fast patrol vessels, and other vessels for the Indian Navy and Coast Guard.
The company has seen significant growth in recent years, with a turnover of thousands of crores, and is currently expanding its operations in drydock and shipbuilding. It also explores opportunities in floating production, storage, and offloading systems (FPSOs) and liquefied natural gas (LNG) carrier construction.
CSL chose Dess Digital Meetings for paperless board and committee meetings to manage the role of consistent collaboration on high-stakes board-level affairs.
Key Features of Cochin Shipyard Limited:
- Diversified services
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Strong technical expertise
- Strategic location
- Collaborations with global partners
- Green initiatives
- Financial stability
The board of CSL consists of twelve directors including multiple independent, non-executive, and executive directors. CSL faced obstacles in managing the paper-based agendas which were time-consuming and difficult. Being a huge company, CSL has large amounts of data with diverse levels of sensitivity that must be moved between multiple boards, and committees, it needed a system that could handle such collaborations. To effectively manage such board meeting processes and the responsibility of consistently cooperating on crucial board-level engagements, CSL required a complete board portal software solution that could efficiently deliver.
Dess was implemented to improve the CSL’s security and compliance procedures while transitioning its board management operations into a digital environment. To effectively communicate during critical board-level engagements, CSL selected the Dess Digital Meetings software solution for paperless board and committee meetings. Instead of using outdated paper and email-based systems to conduct crucial board and committee meetings, CSL now uses a trustworthy, secure, and user-friendly paperless meetings solution.
The directors have saved a tonne of time and effort from implementing Dess, which includes features like agenda management, minutes management, attendance and reports, digital signature integration, agenda distribution, circular resolutions, workflow management, and one-touch VC integration, among others.
The CSL management, staff, and board of directors have praised the Dess Board Portal software for being user-friendly. Directors at CSL now have a comprehensive user experience thanks to the agenda management solution’s cross-platform capabilities, which are compatible with iOS, Windows, and Android devices.
“We value our association with Cochin Shipyard Limited as their board meetings solution partner. We endeavor to consistently leverage the power of digital to deliver the finest experience to our clients,” said Mr. Dilip Ganeriwal, Founder and Managing Director of Dess.
CSL’s excellent corporate governance standards have been enhanced by the Dess Board Portal software, which has improved board cooperation, management communication, and organizational governance.
Delivered as a one-stop board meetings software for Cochin Shipyard Limited:
- End-to-end board portal software addressing pre-meeting, during-meeting, and post-meeting requirements
- Paperless board and committee meetings with cross-platform compatibility for all major devices such as laptops, desktops, tablets, and smartphones and all operating systems including Android, iOS, and Windows
- Minutes management solution with in-built automatic activity tracking and action taken reports, agenda builder, and minutes builder
- Online approvals with digital signature and e-signature compatibility and workflow management software
- Calendar management for the board of directors with automatic board meeting scheduling and attendance management
- Notings and annotations including shareable and private comments, drawings, and highlights with offline use for on-the-go access
- Configurable reports for compliance management and tracking corporate governance and ESG goals
- Board evaluation and performance evaluation with configurable and confidential reports
Dess Digital Meetings is the world’s easiest-to-use board portal software for paperless board and committee meetings. Leading organizations in over 25 countries prefer Dess as their choice for efficient and effective board management software.
Dess believes in enhancing the value of information globally by harnessing unstructured data to empower the right people at the right time using the right technology. With its group of highly competent and motivated people, it has implemented several first-of-its-kind solutions.